Choose your court from the list


Choose your court from the list

What happens after being caught speeding?

< Back

After being caught speeding, the registered keeper of the car you were speeding in will receive a Notice of Intended Prosecution detailing the offence and a Section 172 notice.

You must respond to the notice within 28 days using the Section 172 Notice to nominate the speeding driver. If you do not respond then this will be another offence and could result in you receiving a fine or penalty point even if it wasn’t you speeding.

If a police officer stops you for speeding then they can give you a verbal warning of prosecution instead, An NIP is not required if the offence happened as part of a road traffic accident.

If you need anymore help then please fill in this form and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Driving Offences.....

Drink Driving

A conviction for drink driving or failing to provide a specimen will lead to an automatic minimum 12-month disqualification from driving and a fine........



Speeding offences were first introduced to protect drivers, passengers and other road users from death or injury. Although this remains the........


Dangerous Driving

Usually such cases are dealt with in the Magistrates Court however in certain circumstances they may be heard before a Jury in a Crown Court. In the........


Mobile Phone

It is now an offence to use any hand held mobile phone or other similar device whilst driving. The only defence is where the device is being used........


Careless Driving

If, when driving a car or any mechanically propelled vehicle, a person drives in a way that falls far below what would be expected of a competent and........


Points Totting Up

If, in a 3 year period you accumulate 12 points or more on your driving licence you will usually be subject to a driving ban lasting a minimum of........


Failure to Stop

If you are involved in an accident and fail to stop and give their name and address to any person who is injured or whose property is damaged........


Oyster Cards

Despite the serious implications of a prosecution for an oyster card offence or fare evasion, legal aid is not available........


Driving Offence FAQ's

Please contact us if you have a question you would like answered

Drink Driving Offence

When can I re-apply for my driving license?

You can re apply for your driving license only once your driving ban has ended. If you apply any sooner you might have to wait even longer before you can drive again

How many years will the ban stay on my driving license for?

If this it is your first conviction most insurers will ask if you have any convictions in the last 5 years. But the convictin will stay on your record with the DVLA for over 10 years

Do the police have to give a reason take a roadside breath test?

Yes. Only a uniformed constable can stop you, they must have goon reason to suspect you have been driving, attempting to drive, or in charge of a vehicle with alcohol in your body or you've committed a motoring offence.

Careless Driving

What is Careless Driving?

Careless diriving is when your standard of driving is considered to be below what is expected of a reasonable and prudent driver. You do not have to be driving a motor vehicle to be charged with this offence, you can be driving any mechanically propelled motor vehicle. The driving offence does not have to take place on a public road either, the offence can be committed on any place which the public have access.

Will I lose my license?

It is possible depending on how serious your offence is. You can lose between 3 - 9 points on your license and recieve up to a 2,500 fine. It is always best be represented in court to help avoid losing your license.

Do I need a Solicitor?

It is not compulsory to have a solicitor, but highly advisable to seek some kind of legal advice. If you have a defence a solicitor can help fight your corner.